Trail of Cthulhu: Eternal Lies
Mt Kailash Dossier
The Mt. Kailash Dossier is a list of clues compiled by the efforts of Bethany Tibadeaux and Howard Defoe in England, as well as the work of the field investigators throughout Malta, Bangkok and the other locales.
The facts comprise the following details:
- Y’Golonac, the Thing With a Thousand Mouths is the true Eternal Liar.
- Merely speaking or even reading his name invites him into your life (oops).
- Y’Golonac came to earth a millennia ago.
- It was worshiped in pockets across the planet’s history, including as the Liar from Beyond in the 4th century BC by Ethiopians. (This ancient temple was discovered by Bartolo Acuna and excavated with Gorge Ayers’ help.)
- Y’Golonac’s venerations have ever involved mouths and debauchery.
- The Liar has slumbered since ancient times manifesting to those with perversity in their hearts.
- The body of the Liar warps and distorts time and space such that a ravine in the mountains opens to reveal the Old One’s anatomy to the light, unknowable by human minds.
- There is a banishment ritual to Y’Golonac that was found referenced in Chichen Xoxul and clarified in the Key to Glaaki.
- The Liar’s physical body lies beneath the earth and stone at Mt Kailash, a great peak of the Himalayan mountains (approx. 21k feet in the air). This is the ‘Devouring Mountain’ referenced in many texts and the cavern that will open is the ‘Devouring Ravine.’
- The Liar was agitated into a state of unusual wakefulness in 1924 when Ramon Echavarria and his followers in Los Angeles began a ritual to summon it.
- It is unclear what purpose Echavarria had in mind but he veiled it in waves of secrecy such that many of his supposed allies were unaware of his true purpose or motives. Is there some secret yet to manifest?
- The ritual was interrupted by the 1924 Investigators led by Walter Winston.
- It was put back into a restful state rather than a deep slumber
- Echavarria’s successor cults were able to entice the Liar’s tendrils across the breadth of the world to manifest a Major Mouth in any location they needed where they milked the mouths for the horrible Nectar.
- The Liar’s corpulent body lies buried beneath the geological forces.
- The ritual in Chichen Xoxul could summon Gol-Gorath to attack and destroy Y’Golonac.